Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Fabulous & Fun / Paige Evans Design Team

Hello again!  I'm back again today...this time to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is BIG TITLES,which happens to be one of my favorite techniques :)  I used a lot of the Oh My Heart collection with a few bits and pieces from Take Me Away and Fancy Free. 

I started with Oh My Heart Paper 21 as my background.  I like that it's primarily white and makes for a good starting point.  I created the word "fabulous" in my Silhouette software using a scripty font, enlarged it, tilted it, and stretched it across the entire page.  After I cut it, I left the page on the sticky mat and coated a big portion of the paper with white acrylic paint. After I peeled the paper off the mat, I used Oh My Heart Paper 08 to back the open spaces. I love that yellow to pink gradient and it stands out nice and bright. I used some gelatos to add smoky color around the word and behind the photo. I also added a bit of ink sprays. I love using aqua and turquoise to create the illusion of water when I scrap a pool photo.



To really make the title pop off the page, I decided to glue coordinating embroidery thread around it. I love how it turned out! I like that it looks somewhat messy yet it outlines the title and adds great texture to the page. This is a great technique to try if you don’t have a lot of extra time to hand stitch but still want the look of fabric or thread on your page.


I added in Take Me Away Foam Phrase Thickers and three ampersands to finish off the title. I love the pop of gold here. The yellow ampersand is a Fancy Free Wood Veneer and the other two are die cuts from the Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cuts and Take Me Away Ephemera Die Cuts. I used another Fancy Free Wood Veneer above the title. I also added in an Oh My Heart Puffy Sticker down by the journaling.


I love how layering and added thread to a layout creates such awesome depth and dimension. I added some foam under my photo to give that area some depth and added a fun Take Me Away Ephemera Die Cut right on top of it. That cute banner piece fits perfectly right there.


I used some beautiful Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cut flowers as layers under the photo as well as some Oh My Heart Puffy Stickers. I went simple with the embellishments since the big title and fun photo are the main focus. I did use some blue tangled thread on both sides of the photo for an extra pop of color & texture.


I love when pieces from other collections match!  This wood veneer is from Fancy Free, and it was the perfect embellishment for this space.


Here's one final close-up of the right side of the photo.  I layered in more floral die cuts, puffy stickers and some tangled thread.


I hope this gives you some ideas to try for creating big titles.  If you're stuck for an idea, this technique helps a lot because it takes up a lot of room on the page.   Then you're limited as to where you can place your photo & embellishments.  For me, this helped the layout come together quicker, and I found that I didn't have to use as many tid bits since the title is the main element.

I do have a process video if you'd like to watch:


Thanks so much for stopping by again today...have a wonderful Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Missy !
    I write articles in a French magazine, named "Passion Scrapbooking".
    My current subject is " festive elements (glitters, balloons, garlands...) on scrap layouts ".
    Do you accept that I use a photo of your creation (here : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/21/90/97/219097bac438cce078580a3c2dc2555f.png) to illustrate a part of the subject?
    Your name (or pen name if you prefer) will be quoted of course next to the image, and the brand if you realize it for a brand if necessary !
    If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible one or several good quality photos?
    Thank you for answering me quickly, even if it is "no", because I must have ended my article very soon.
    Best Regards,
    Elise AMANN (please answer directly to elise.amann@wanadoo.fr)

    ReplyDelete