Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Wrap Up Layout / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  For this page I decided to focus on 2017 and highlight all the big moments that stood out to me and document them all together. It was a great year and it was fun going through all of my photos and remembering all the awesome times. I used both the Turn the Page and Take Me Away collections for this as well as the Paige Font cut file designed by Paige. I started by cutting 2017 really large on white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. I backed the open spots with Turn the Page Paper 03. I decided to place it at the top of the layout and run it off the page. I used a lot of spray inks on the white cardstock background using plastic packaging to smoosh the color down. I covered a lot of the background since I had so many photos that would take up a lot of room. I backed the photo strips with papers from the Turn the Page 6x6 Paper Pad and embellished with fussy cut stars, some stickers from Paige’s 30-page #StickerBook and some Take Me Away Chipboard Stickers.


I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam behind my photos to create some dimension. I fussy cut those little stars from a Turn the Page 6x6 Paper Pad sheet and added them around the page - some are on top of photos and some I tucked under. I wanted 2017 to be my title, but I also wanted a few subtitles. I added “fantastic” from the Take Me Away Chipboard Stickers - I love the pop of yellow it gives and it reinforces how great of a year this was! The foiled speech bubble stickers are from the #StickerBook and I adhered them to vellum and then fussy cut them. I also used a lot of the small phrase stickers around the page. Even though they’re geared toward planners, they were perfect for this layout.


I decided to change the color of this "awesome" chipboard sticker. It was a cream color, but I wanted it to pop a little more so I covered it with white acrylic paint and then used some spray inks to add the color. I love how it turned out!


To add a bit more interest to the large cut file title, I machine stitched around all the numbers with gold metallic thread. I was so excited when I found those small “This Year” and “Highlights” stickers in the #StickerBook - they were meant to go right in that spot!


It was a lot of fun using so many photos on one layout.  Creating small photo strips like this is a great way to go, especially if you're doing a timeline idea.  I really like the dimension here, and all it takes is a little adhesive foam.  I tucked in a bit of colored thread here in there to add some texture and pops of color.  And look how pretty that shiny gold foil is on that sticker!


Always look at the images on your papers, like these little stars.  They're perfect for fussy cutting.  Don't be afraid to cut something out and use it as an embellishment.  I love how this chipboard word looks overlapping the photos here.


The stickers in the #StickerBook are so perfect for a page like this.  Or a goals page or a page about something you've accomplished.  The messages are great, and I was happy to use a few of them on this page.


The planner-type stickers in the #StickerBook are also perfect for this type of layout.  I used quite a bit of them for my photos.

I hope this inspires you and gives you some ideas to try for a yearly wrap-up layout.  Plus it gives you an excuse to use a bunch of photos...woo hoo!  Check out my process video here to see how I did everything.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment