Thursday, December 28, 2017

Lake Tahoe / SpiegelMom Scraps Guest Designer

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my last project as the SpiegelMom Scraps December Guest Designer.  I've had a wonderful time creating with all of Jody's beautiful sequins mixes, and I want to thank her for having me :)

For my final layout, I used sequins from the Peachy Keeny, On Pointe, Lisa’s Starry Night and Painted Gardens packs.  I began with a large star snowflake cut file by Paige Evans.  It's called Starkflake.  I did a bit of mixed media work on the background using oil pastels, gelatos and some Shimmerz sprays.  I filled in all the snowflake designs with sequins!  It was a lot of fun, and the end result is fantastic.  I totally forgot about my honeymoon photos...haha!  We went to Lake Tahoe back in 2000, and we went snow skiing.  I wanted to mimic all the white and the colors in my jacket.  I used the lines of the cut file to glue down the sequins, and the sparkle factor is just awesome!


I love this color mix...it's so pretty!  Once the sequins were dry, I was brave (and crazy) and machine stitched over some of the lines.  It worked!  I also stitched around the edges using metallic silver thread.


I used the Scotch Tacky Glue to adhere the sequins and it works really great.


I dug into my stash for embellishing.  I used some older silver glitter Thickers for my title as well as some Crate Paper Oasis alpha stamps. I used some tissue paper and a few 3x4 cards from an older Hip Kit behind my photo.


I pulled some die cuts from Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa that matched my photo perfectly.  I used a few Pinkfresh Studio blue puffy stars as well.  I used a few Tim Holtz phrase stickers as well.


I started by lightly tracing the star onto the background with a pencil.  I smudged down some clear gesso first and then used a few Prima Oil Pastels to add some color.  I just scribbled them on and used my finger to smudge the color around.  I also brought in some Shimmerz sprays with some plastic packaging as well as some brush splatters.




This has been such a fun month!  Thanks to Jody for having me this month.  I highly recommend stocking up on all your sequins with SpiegelMom Scraps.  They are amazing!

Here's my video if you'd like to check out how I made this page:



Thanks for stopping in, and have a nice day!

1 comment: