Saturday, December 9, 2017

Winter Cutie / SpiegelMom Scraps Guest Designer

Hello, friends, and Happy Weekend!  I’m really excited to be the December Guest Designer over at SpiegelMom Scraps!  I’ve got four projects and process videos coming up every Tuesday.  This month’s theme here is Winter.  I live in Florida, so we don’t really have a true Winter like the northern states.  So for this page, I went with a wintry color scheme.  And my photo was taken in January, so that counts as Winter, right?  I used some beautiful sequins from the Aquarius and Peachy Keeny packs.

I used a paper from the Altenew Reflections Scrapbook Kit for this.  This color blue reminds me of icy Winter time, so I went with it and paired it with some silvery grey ink.  This was really easy to put together because it's just fussy cut flowers and butterflies.  I jazzed up the white cardstock background with some Shimmerz Thunderstorm Creameez, which is a gorgeous shimmery grey silver color.  I also used some Blue Lagoon Inklingz.





I just adore these flowers...and they were all from a patterned paper!  I wish I could draw and paint that well :)  I used some Dear Lizzy floral washi tape as well...I just fussy cut some of the flowers from it and placed them around the page.  They kind of look like stamps.  I scattered the beautiful sequins all around the page kind of like confetti.  I used some older Thickers from my stash to create the title.


I added some adhesive foam behind my photo to pop it up a bit, which makes the overlapping flowers a bit more dimensional.  The key with flowers and leaves is to not glue the whole piece down.  Just add dots here and there and let the ends rise up off the page.


This is such a pretty blue, and it goes so well with the grey.  The sequins matched perfectly!


Here's the top of the photo...more watercolor, washi tape and sequins.


I'm so glad I hoard my Thickers...haha!  You never know when they'll be perfect for a page.  I haven't used these white glitter ones in forever, but they just seemed like the perfect ones for this layout.  I added my journaling beneath it.


This was a lot of fun to create...the colors of the sequins inspired me.  Have you ever used sequins on your pages?  Check out SpeigelMom Scraps for some if you want to stock up, and I have a discount code here for you to use!

I also have a process video if you'd like to see how I put this together.  Enjoy!



Once again, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment