Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sweet / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I wanted to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today using the 2018 January Hip Kits.  This is my first page using the new kits, and my assignment for this was to focus on the Vicki Boutin Watercolor Stickers in the Main Kit.  These kits are so pretty and colorful, and so I chose to watercolor the flowers and leaves from the Sticker Sheets.  It's super easy to do, and you can customize any color scheme you want.

I used the Distress Oxides from the Color Kit and my water brush to paint the flowers.  I also pulled in the Distress Oxides from the November Color Kit.  So I had pink, orange, green and blue to work with.  I also added a few drops of some Shimmerz sprays from other Color Kits and my stash to add some shading to the flowers.


I wanted the centers of the flowers to be darker to make them look more realistic and to create some depth.  I also used some of Vicki's stickers to the right of the flowers and watercolored a little over them.  I wanted them to stay mostly white so they'd pop against the background.


These stickers are great for layering just like this.  There are a ton of different shapes...not just flowers.  The possibilities are endless.  I used a few torn strips of exclusive patterned papers behind my photo.  I love the black and white stripes, and it inspired me to scrap this photo of me and my daughter.  I love how her striped shirt matches the paper :)


For my background, I used a sheet of the Ocean Breeze Cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  It's smooth and thick and handles mixed media very well.  I smudged a lot of white gesso down over the background, including the torn patterned papers.  Once it dried, I used more of the Distress Oxides.  I stamped them onto some plastic packaging and smooshed it down onto the paper.  I also used a brush to create splatters.  The black ink spray is from my stash.


I used a Project Life card behind my photo as well as some tissue paper and adhesive foam.  Here you can see some machine stitching I did along the edge of the paper.


I used a few of the American Crafts Memory Planner stickers from the Project Life Kit on this layout...they're so cool.  They're colored but clear, and you can definitely use them on layouts and not just planners or calendars.  I added a few of the Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Hearts from the Main Kit and a label sticker.  I went simple with the title and used a big Thicker, which is in the Embellishment Kit.


Here's one more close-up of all the texture and dimension.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  It was fun to get messy and paint those stickers.  I can't wait to use them again soon!  Be sure to check out my process video here to see how I created this.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. watched the vid of this last night. Absolutely stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete