Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Love Miss Kayla / Hip Kit Club

Hey friends!  Happy Tuesday :)  I have a fun layout to share for Hip Kit Club today featuring the 2018 April Hip Kits.  I was inspired by DT member Audrey’s Lace Background cut file, which is  for subscribers this month.  I saw flower shapes in it, so I cut several of them using lots of patterned papers from the Main Kit.  I mixed and matched them and even hand-stitched around the centers of the bigger ones.  I wanted to make them look a little more dimensional, so I messily smudged some white gesso and Distress Oxides over them.  I used the two colors from the Color Kit along with a few others from past kits.  I used the Turquoise Mist cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.


Here you can see how the mixed media really makes the papers look more colorful and textured.  I layered them randomly around the page and added some tangled thread along with some of the black & white Pinkfresh Studio chipboard leaves.


I tucked in a few of the gold metallic Thickers from the Embellishment Kit around the page and added some of the enamel dots to the centers of the flowers.


If you want more dimension on your layout, only glue down the center of the flower.  This way you can curl up the edges to stand off the page.  Since I had pops of gold from the Thickers, I had to add some Gold Color Shine splatters.


I did jazz up the cardstock background by using white gesso, the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide and some of the Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glitter Glaze from last month’s Color Kit.  I used a palette knife to scrap it all on and just add some shine and darker shades of teal to the paper.  I also used some of the Dylusions Polished Jade Shimmer Spray from the Color Kit.  It’s so pretty!


I used a few patterned papers as layers behind my photo strip and added a Pinkfresh Studio puffy sticker above it.


Finally, I mixed and matched my title by combining one of the gold Thickers with some of the Shimelle Box of Crayons alphas and the exclusive ombre puffy alphas.  So gorgeous!  Here you can also see where I did a bit of stencil work with the Distress Oxides.  The stencil is in the Color Kit.


I hope this inspires you to think outside the box when it comes to cut files.  There are multiple ways to use them, so get creative!   This is a great way to use lots of your patterned papers.  I have a process video here if you’d like to check it out.



Thanks for stopping in, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment